Chirrinchón is La Guajira´s version of the popular canezalo from central Colombia. According to a local, its name is due to the fact that after drinking it, you are going to need a good mattress (colchón in Spanish) or a good hammock (chinchorro in Spanish) where to lie down. It will leave you with a feeling of relaxation and well-being.
- A quarter of Panela (125 g)
- 500 ml of water
- 2 lemons
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 starfruit or carambola
- 3 uchuvas (a special colombian berry)
- 5 mint leaves
- A shot of Handcrafted Guajiro Liquor Asawaa®
- In a pot add water with the panela, the cinnamon, the mint and the lemon, let it boil for a few minutes.
- In a glass chop the starfruit and the uchuvas, and add Handcrafted Guajiro Liquor Asawaa®
- Pour the boiled preparation into the glass.
Enjoy it very warm!
Note: If you need to make more than one, simply multiply the quantities by the number of cocktails you require.
Learn how to make a “Sol Guajiro” cocktail at home. Mix our Handcrafted Guajiro Liquor Asawaa® with starfruit. Read the full recipe here.